Monday, June 6, 2011

2 months?!?!?!






Has it really been 2 months since I have posted anything here? I'm SO sorry! Apparently we have been busy, or I have been lazy (I mean, exhausted!) Growing life inside will do that to you.

So, what's happened in two months?....
* I've grown to be roughly the size of a small sea mammal....I'm sitting here at 35 weeks and 1 day wondering just how much bigger I could possibly get. I REALLY don't think it's possible. Although, I do remember seeing a picture of Kate from that old show - she had 6 in there....I'm getting close to that size.
* We moved! We live in a beautiful neighborhood, complete with tennis and basketball courts, a running track, a lake with a walking trail, a restaurant/bakery, an import store and round trip tram service. Sounds nice, huh? Honestly, most of the neighborhoods around here have enough people and buildings that it turns into a small city within a city. The place we spent most of the last year boasted 10,000 residents...not sure how many live here. But enough to keep us busy, that's for sure!
* Jacob started a new school - and he really likes it. Lots of friends, a very nice, up to date playground, and wonderful teachers.
* Hannah now walks to school and home again - no more 45 min bus ride each way! We love having the extra time with her as a family each day.
* David and I have been studying hard and trudging along in language and are able to see some tangible results. We are learning some very useful stories that are really helping to increase our vocab. We are able to understand most conversations and can even take them to a deeper level.
* David turned 33! We celebrated with cake and home made ice cream with good friends here at the house.
* My mom graduated from nursing school and we got to watch it live from our computer onto our big screen! We felt like we were there with her!
* We prepared for baby sister - hung curtains, bought a crib, washed baby clothes, put them in the dresser, made a window seat cushion, moved the rocking chair in and started to decorate....almost ready!

...And that pretty much brings us to today. In 5 days we will leave our new little home and head out to Thailand to have the baby. I'm not due for another 4-5 weeks, but here's hoping for a little bit early?! Once we are in Thailand I will feel much better about being THIS pregnant. I just don't want to have the baby here.... In Thailand we will be staying at a very nice guest house in our very own 2 bedroom apartment. The kids will be able to play on the playground at the guesthouse and we will just wait, and wait, and wait, until baby sister's birthday arrives. There are lots of fun places to eat and many places deliver, which is FANtastic. The hospital is close by and actually has a Starbucks and an Au Bon Pain inside (guess what I want for my morning after delivery breakfast?!?!) I will try to keep up the blog and such while we are gone, of course announcing our sweet baby sister's arrival.