Tuesday, July 27, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things....

1. Chicago Coffee - where you can get All-you-can-handle pizza and soda on Friday nights, same with pancakes the very next morning, and delicious lattes any time!


2. The indoor play place (which just happens to be right next door to Chicago Coffee)

3. Scooters! Yes they can be annoying when trying to cross the street, but such fun to drive and very convenient


4. Walmart - boy am I thankful for this place! Only a bus ride away.


5. HoMart - Walmart's little sister that is just within walking distance.

6. Yogurts that you drink that can be found on every corner



7. Singers, dancers and taichi-ers in the park on any given morning or evening. For the singers, just imagine really really bad karaoke.


8. Delivery people - they come to your door, install, put together, set-up, clean up and leave - without demanding a tip


9. Shopping without hassle or bargaining. No one follows me around and asks me questions or says "come into my shop, my friend"


10. Really, really old people, who must know this city and this life so well. I'm sure they have a wealth of knowledge, I just need to learn how to get it out of them in their language.


11. Our courtyard - our own little jungle paradise perfect for hide and seek or just to get away


12. Friends! Who have so graciously held our hands every step of the way and offered their assistance each and every day.


13. Fake-kea: Just like the real Ikea, only fake. And cheap. And pretty much where we bought everything in our apartment.


14. The Market - where I can by fresh fish, tomatoes, carrots, chickens (alive or dead), cow tail, dishes, dumplings and even steak knives (8 for for about $1.20)


15. Skype - so I can call or video chat with anyone who wants to :)