Thursday, December 9, 2010

Is it almost vacation time?



January 26 can't get here soon enough. That's the day we leave for the beach. Lately I've been feeling like I am SO over this whole study language 40 hours a week thing. Honestly, it's not been 40 hours a week. At least not for me. I basically go to class, review, prepare for the next class and sleep in between. I just don't have the energy to do much else. And I am losing interest. It's hard to stay committed to such a long term goal. Usually my goals are semester oriented. Not so when you are learning one of the world's toughest languages.

In other news, take a look at this cute little catepillar....
Adorable, huh?



Yeah, adorable. Except that this is where I found him.....
That would be my dinner. Or what was left of it anyways. This little guy was not alive. He had been washed in soapy water and boiled until he was stiff and lifeless, left to rot on my final piece of broccoli. Now, I wasn't exactly hungry for dinner tonight. This definitely convinced me to be done.

And apparently our son can recite the names of his classmates. Keep in mind that each child has about three names...He also speaks to them in the local language when playing with them. This does wonders for encouraging us in our language learning....He's gonna have to be our translator!!!

Here's a photo of Hannah looking oh-so-interested in her Christmas performance. She knew every word to every song yet didn't sing a single one. At least she looked cute in her Christmas dress....